What is a cookie?
Certain data may be collected by “cookies” which are temporary internet files which are placed on the hard drive of your computer or device, including mobile or handheld device (such as a smart phone or tablet), as you browse the Website.
We only collect information we feel is essential for you to use the Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
- for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of the Website;
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- measuring how many people are using the Website, to ensure there is enough capacity for the Website to operate at a reasonable speed;
- completion and support of the current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products;
- website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users;
- remembering pages viewed; and
- monitoring your journey around the Website which helps us improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
If you have said “Accept” to cookies, your consent will be saved and you will not be asked again about cookies on subsequent visits to our website.
If you have chosen to navigate to another page on the website without accepting, we will assume that you agree to the cookies used and your consent will be implied.
We may share your information with professional advisors, strategic partners, survey and research organisations and other individuals and organisations whom we use to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf. These parties have access to the information required in order to perform their functions but may not use it for any other purpose.
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web site.